BROME Compost offers a selection of composters and related equipment, as well as a range of services adapted to your composting needs.
With its unique design, the BROME in-vessel, rotating drum requires less wood chips or other carbon-rich feedstock relative to other composting techniques. All stirring is carried out automatically, so there is no need to turn piles with a tractor, reducing both your costs and operating time.
Our composter’s design and frequent automated rotations ensure that the mixture is well aerated, in order to foster optimal composting conditions and avoid the production of unpleasant odors.
Thanks to a controlled process, a proper composting recipe heats the organic matter inside the cylinder to temperatures above 130 °F (55 °C) for a minimum of 3 days, enabling the desired conditions for pathogens to be destroyed or reduced. After a curing period, the compost can then be used as a soil amendment and spread in fields according to current standards.
Here are a few interesting features of Brome Composters
- Solid, durable, easy to use and to set up;
- Requires little maintenance;
- Three diameters available
- Sizable cylinders for an optimal footprint;
- Customizable control panel allowing for the automation of additional equipment such as conveyors;
- Continuous composting, all year long;
- Possible gradually add new inputs
- Possible to add new inputs through the sliding door using an excavator;
- Forced ventilation (optional) for a better fine-tuning of your composting parameters and reduced operation costs.