Composting plant waste for produce growers
An industrial composting system is an efficient and inexpensive way to manage plant waste, while also giving your organic waste added value.
For produce growers, greenhouses and other types of agricultural producers, disposing of plant residues requires extra management, time and labour costs, and sometimes the use of services, that fall outside of growing activities. In addition, landfill disposal increases greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and is fast becoming a less acceptable option. On the other hand, windrow or pile composting can be inefficient on a larger scale and has some environmental risks when the proper composting procedure is neglected.
For agricultural producers whose focus is on optimizing farm operations and growing conditions, an industrial composting system can offer numerous advantages.
Improve your plant waste and substrate management in addition to reducing your disposal costs:
- Recycle plant waste
- Reduce and simplify the time needed to manage plant waste through the automating of the composting process
- Create quality compost to spread and improve soil biology
- Reduce the environmental risks associated with inefficiency waste management
- Eliminate pathogens and plant diseases, and sterilize substrate
- Potential for heat and CO2 recovery
- Move towards zero waste and contribute to a circular economy
Here is a graphic representation of an industrial composting system
This image below depicts a project that is adapted for on-site composting at a greenhouse growing facility. Click on the image to get a closer look at the different parts and accessories available for managing organic wastes for your greenhouse or grow operation.
This image presents a Brome Composting System including: a composter equipped with an extension module to lengthen it to up to 32 feet, a sliding door for easy introduction of materials, a mixer as well as a conveyor. The materials reception area is ideal for storing organic matter in preparation for the creation of the composting recipe.
It is possible to configure and adapt the various components to your specific needs. Contact us for more information.
Brome industrial composting systems are robust and modular. They require little maintenance thanks to their simple et efficient design. Each system is custom made to adapt to specific needs based on the type and quantity of matter to be composted.
- Minimal operating costs;
- Few workers needed;
- Simple installation;
- Better control over the composting process;
- Better control over odor management;
- Better control in all weather conditions: air temperature, precipitation, evaporation and the risk of unpleasant odors.
BROME Compost offers different composter models and complementary equipment as well as services to adapt to the composting needs of your greenhouse. For a growing facility, a made to measure composting system is a simple and efficient method to ensure the destruction and denaturing of plant residues in compliance of regulations.