Composting Manure For Farm Bedding
Composting manure is a great way to create quality bedding for your animals. At the same time, it reduces the overall amount of manure to manage as well as the cost of purchasing traditional livestock bedding such as straw, wood shavings or rip.
The image below illustrates a project that was adapted for on-site composting at a dairy farm. You can click on it to get a closer look at the different parts and accessories available for managing manure composting on your farm.
The image shows a BROME Composting System that includes: A composter equipped with an extension module to extend the length to 32 feet, a sliding door large enough for introductions using a tractor, an automatic screw feeder, a manure separator, a screen sifter as well as conveyors.
It is possible to configure and adapt the various components of this composting system to your specific needs. Contact us for more information.
Recycling used bedding with a BROME industrial composting system is a great alternative to purchasing of standard bedding such as wood chips. Composted bedding presents many benefits: enhanced comfort for your animals, less manure to dispose of and lower bedding costs, which can amount to several thousands of dollars every year.
Manure composting can also be a source of income, helping to reduce operating and export costs and increasing your manure’s fertilizing potential.
Composting manure on-site with a BROME composting system yields several benefits for your daily farming operations.
Manages your manure:
- Better manure management;
- Saves on transportation costs by reducing its volume.
- Generates bedding
- An automated composting system operating continuously produces bedding to enhance the comfort of your livestock.
- Considerable cost reduction in bedding purchases;
- Higher value for the use, export or marketing of your compost.
- Minimal operating costs;
- Few workers needed;
- Simple installation;
- Better control over the composting process;
- Better control over odor management;
- Better control in all weather conditions : temperature, precipitation, evaporation
Composting you manure to create your own livestock bedding can reduce:
- Costs associated with equipment maintenance;
- The volume of manure that needs to be spread or exported;
- The purchase of wood chips and herbicides.
BROME Compost offers different composter models and complementary equipment, as well as services to adapt to the composting needs for managing manure and bedding on your farm.