The BROME industrial rotating composter is built to optimize the conditions necessary for making compost based on your particular needs, yet remains low maintenance and easy to operate.
With its unique design, the BROME in-vessel industrial composter requires less wood chips or other carbon-rich feedstock, relative to other composting techniques. All stirring of the composting material is carried out automatically in the rotating drum. Therefore, there is no need to turn piles with a tractor, reducing both your costs and operating time.
Our composter’s design and frequent automated rotations ensure that the mixture is well aerated, in order to foster optimal composting conditions and avoid the creation of unpleasant odors.
Thanks to a controlled process, a proper composting recipe heats the organic matter inside the cylinder to temperatures above 130 °F (55 °C) for a minimum of 3 days. This enables the ideal conditions for the reduction and / or destruction of pathogens. After a curing period, the compost can then be used as a soil amendment, spread in fields according to current standards, or used in a multitude of other ways.
Here are a few interesting features of the Brome Composter:
- Solid, durable, easy to use and to set up;
- Requires little maintenance;
- Three diameters available
- Sizable cylinders for an optimal footprint;
- Customizable control panel allowing for the automation of additional equipment such as conveyors, mixers or shredders;
- Continuous composting, all year long;
- New organic matter can be added regularly and often
- New organic matter can be introduced through the sliding door using an excavator;
- Forced ventilation (optional) can optimise your composting parameters and reduce operation costs even further.