With its unique design, the BROME in-vessel, rotating drum requires less wood chips or other carbon-rich feedstock relative to other composting techniques. All stirring is carried out automatically, so there is no need to turn piles with a tractor, reducing both your costs and operating time.
Our composter’s design and frequent automated rotations ensure that the mixture is well aerated, in order to foster optimal composting conditions and avoid the creation of unpleasant odors.
Thanks to a controlled process, a proper composting recipe heats the organic matter inside the cylinder to temperatures above 130 °F (55 °C) for a minimum of 3 days, enabling the ideal conditions for the reduction and / or destruction of pathogens. After a curing period, the compost can then be used as a soil amendment and spread in fields according to current standards.
Here are a few interesting features of the Brome Composter
- Solid, durable, easy to use and to set up;
- Requires little maintenance;
- Three diameters available
- Sizable cylinders for an optimal footprint;
- Customizable control panel allowing for the automation of additional equipment such as conveyors, mixers or shredders;
- Continuous composting, all year long;
- New organic matter can be added regularly and often
- New organic matter can be introduced through the sliding door using an excavator;
- Forced ventilation (optional) can optimise your composting parameters and reduce operation costs even further.